North East Truck and Driver are recruiting for a permanent Transport Planner for a client in the Peterlee area. The post holder will help manage the day to day running of the Company’s Transport Operations and ensure that Vehicles are roadworthy and that Drivers comply with traffic and drivers’ hours rules.
▪ Make arrangements to ensure that all company vehicles and trailers are maintained properly, including the servicing, inspection, brake testing and MOT’s at the appropriate times and action taken to remedy defects.
▪ Make arrangements to ensure that vehicles are not overloaded and that all loads are strapped and secure.
▪ Assist in meeting budget expectations.
▪ Manage drivers times and ensure correct routes are taken. Monitor using tracking system.
▪ Maintain and manage accurate administrative records including the TOPS system and traffic boards.
▪ Develop existing and new customer relationships.
▪ Provide proactive support to other departments when needed.
▪ Make sure loads reach their destination safely, on time and in the most cost effective way.
▪ Work with customers and suppliers planning routes and scheduling delivery times.
▪ Day to day management of a team of administration staff and drivers.
▪ Route drivers and vehicles to ensure load maximisation at all times.
▪ Any other duties appropriate to the post
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org